Childcraft by World Book
World Book’s Childcraft set is a classic blend of photos, illustrations, activities, and concepts designed to capture and keep the interest of young students. Leveled activities make a variety of concepts accessible to a range of ages. The “Know It All” feature identifies text that promotes higher-level thinking skills, while “Activity Levels 1, 2, 3” indicate the required level of supervision for the set’s activities. Features such as controlled vocabulary and glossaries help young readers to develop language and research skills.
The multi-volume Childcraft set explains a wide range of concepts simply, with age-appropriate text and bold graphics. Each volume covers a different topic in ways that help to build research skills.
- Art Around Us encourages young readers to explore visual and performing arts from around the world.
- The World of Animals surveys many different kinds of animals
- The World of Plants invites the reader to discover how plants live and grow.
- Students will learn about our world, the stars, the sun, the moon, and other planets in Our Earth and Our Universe.
- The volumes How Does It Happen and How Things Work explore the forces and machines that build and change the world around us.
- Shapes and Numbers introduces young students to basic concepts of arithmetic.
- About You is about, well, you: your skin, bones, muscles, senses, and more.
- Who We Are explores the names, activities, communities, foods, and traditions that make up our identities.
- Celebrate! teaches about the many holidays celebrated around the world.
Young students need first-class reference material and books that build language and research skills while still providing a fascinating experience. The World Book Childcraft set provides educationally sound information in an engaging and enjoyable format that will appeal to young readers, parents, and educators alike.