A Children’s Classic, Capturing and Keeping the Interest of Curious Kids!
This children’s classic weaves together illustrations, photographs, activities, and a child-friendly tone to create a comprehensive picture of the world. Colorful photos and bold, playful illustrations add to the fun activities and help young children to learn about arts, plants, the universe, earth, human body, history, and more.
Large text is suitable for beginning readers while colorful sidebars and fact boxes break up paragraphs and encourage exploring. Diagrams are used to make sense of concepts when necessary and full-page photos and illustrations cater to the visually inclined. Topped off with a helpful glossary and index, these books are written specifically for children so they can strengthen their research skills and make sense of new ideas without stumbling over high-level vocabulary.
With a whole world to explore wrapped up in 12 updated and expanded volumes, this successful children’s series has proved to be a hit for generations. Give your young learner the books that inspired you as a child.
- Art Around Us encourages young readers to explore visual and performing arts from around the world.
- The World of Animals surveys many different kinds of animals.
- The World of Plants invites the reader to discover how plants live and grow.
- Students will learn about our world, the stars, the sun, the moon, and other planets in Our Earth and Our Universe.
- The volumes How Does It Happen and How Things Work explore the forces and machines that build and change the world around us.
- Shapes and Numbers introduces young students to basic concepts of arithmetic.
- About You is about, well, you: your skin, bones, muscles, senses, and more.
- Who We Are explores the names, activities, communities, foods, and traditions that make up our identities.
- Celebrate! teaches about the many holidays celebrated around the world.
- Concepts explained with age-appropriate text and graphics
- “Know It All” feature identifies text that promotes higher-level thinking skills
- Controlled vocabulary and glossaries help build language skills
- Helps develop research skills
- Updated to meet curriculum standards
- Activity Levels “1, 2, 3” indicate required level of supervision
- Explains concepts simply with age-appropriate text and bold graphics