- Concise text reinforces developing reading skills
- Provides bite-sized information to promote comprehension by early readers
- Bolded words to help build vocabulary skills
- Curriculum-oriented content provides the perfect blend of facts, fun, and fiction
- Includes puzzle pages, fun facts, and true/false quizzes
- Spreads include introductory text, colorful illustrations with detailed captions, and photographs showing real-world examples of the featured topic.
"Animals and Their Habitats is a 10-volume set designed with upper elementary and middle school students in mind. The volumes are arranged by animal habitat: Grasslands, Oceans, Savannahs, Mountains and Polar Regions, Rivers and Wetlands, Seasonal Forests, Deserts and Scrublands, and Tropical Regions and Rain Forests. The books provide interesting facts about the various species that live within each region; information that children this age will be fascinated with. For each group, the book discusses physical features, behaviors, and their survival status in today's environment, focusing on special aspects of their habitat on their survival and adaptation. There is also a focus on migration patterns of species as well as the influence of species that have been introduced into new environments. The content has been reviewed by educators to ensure its usefulness in the classroom and to ensure that the reading level is appropriate for the intended audience. The information is presented in small snippets of information with useful sidebars and colorful illustrations to keep reader's interest. Each volume provides information that teachers can use within the classroom as well as a information that could be used in individual or classroom research. This set would be useful in school libraries as well as the children's section of public libraries. Parents homeschooling their children would find it particularly useful."
American Reference Books Annual