Bright Through Learning
The pink anemonefish (Amphiprion perideraion) featured in the Spinescape® thrives in the sheltering but also stinging environment of an anemone's tentacles. Our world sometimes can leave us fearing that we are surrounded by dangers, and learning is an important tool we use to understand and live in our world. Among the meanings of the word bright are smart, clever, and quick- all helpful characteristics in our challenging world.
This 2016 edition of The World Book Encyclopedia® adopts the pink anemonefish as a mascot to represent the encyclopedia's invitation to you to become brighter through the learning you do within its pages!
- Over 1,000 new and revised articles, including:
- Notable figures, such as singer Katy Perry, author John Green, and activist Malala Yousafzai
- In-the-news topics, such as the tea party movement and Islamic State
- Historical events, including Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech
- Animals, including the giant armadillo and golden eagle
- Created in collaboration with expert contributors, advisers, editors, and researchers to ensure readability, accuracy, and currency
- More than 25,000 photographs, maps and illustrations
- New QR codes link to complementary video and other content
- Over 2,500 revised pages
Take a peek inside the World Book Encyclopedia 2016!
Overall Customer Rating of 7 Reviews: