Halloween gives us the chance to let our imaginations run wild! You’ll surely see vampires, monsters, ghosts, and goblins as the holiday approaches. But beyond the spooky costumes, haunted houses, and pumpkin patches, Halloween lets us celebrate the ability to be anything we want to be: firefighters, astronauts, inventors, athletes, rock stars, and more! It’s important to remember that these dreams aren’t limited to Halloween. Everyone has the capacity to be whatever they’d like to be! It just takes the right mix of hard work, passion, and a little inspiration. Brush up on your knowledge of Halloween creatures, and explore some of your passions with these titles from World Book:
- If you want to be an astronaut, blast off with Out of This World and you could be trading your costume space suit for the real deal. Budding Buzz Aldrins can explore alien caves and more with this series done in collaboration with NASA’s Innovative Advanced Concepts program.
- If you’re dressing as a mad scientist for Halloween, learn all about wacky scientists, accidental inventors, and the wildest inventions with True or False?: Inventions. There are some facts so crazy that you may not believe them! Then, get a jump start on learning all about science with the Building Blocks series. These comic-style books take you right into the action of scientific processes and cycles, like the photosynthesis and body’s circulatory system.
- If you're visiting a haunted house, explore the history of haunted places in Where in the World Can I Meet a Ghost? The book dives into the history of ghosts and spirits, and takes you on an adventure to places around the world that are rumored to be haunted!
- If you think you've seen a vampire walking among us, you might be right... Ask WOW: Was Dracula Real? explores the history and folklore of vampires. There have been sightings of real-life vampires for hundreds of years--the real-life inspiration for Dracula was a prince from Eastern Europe!
- If you've spotted Bigfoot or UFOs, catch up on the latest theories about myths and legends with the Strange...But True? series!
- If you dream of flying like a superhero, start by learning about real-life heroes with How I Changed the World. These books show how just one person can have a huge impact on the course of history! Plus, learn about all the hard work done by the heroes you encounter every day—like firefighters and nurses—in Learning Ladders: Community Helpers.