Happy International Children's Book Day! Created by the International Board on Books for Youth (IBBY), a Swiss nonprofit, International Children's Book Day aims to promote access to strong children's literature for every student, everywhere. At World Book, we strongly believe in IBBY's mission, which is summarized by its main goals:
- to promote international understanding through children's books
- to give children everywhere the opportunity to have access to books with high literary and artistic standards
- to encourage the publication and distribution of quality children's books, especially in developing countries
- to provide support and training for those involved with children and children's literature
- to stimulate research and scholarly works in the field of children's literature
World Book aims to open up a whole world of learning to the students it reaches. We do so by meeting learners where they are, providing content specifically tailored for each stage of their learning journey because no path to success looks the same. Take trips to fascinating cities around the world in Ayo's Awesome Adventures, travel through time and space in Zac Newton Investigates, and let cartoon guides lead you through the human body's systems in Building Blocks of Life Science—all while learning and having fun!Our print materials include high-interest subjects from all around the world, so every reader can find something to which they relate. Online, translate text into hundreds of languages for accessibility, let read-aloud functions guide reluctant readers, or use databases specially-crafted to help ESL students and English language learners. And much, much more!
Celebrate International Children's Book Day by reading your students' favorite stories, reading new stories, or passing on beloved stories to other young readers. Remember that access to strong literature from a young age is a strong determinant of lifelong educational success.