- Over 1,000 new and revised articles, including Barbie, Canadian Football League, Hurricane Sandy, Lady Gaga, Snowy Owl, Transgender, Donald Trump, and Zombie Worm
- Recent outcomes of national elections around the world
- Updates to tables of winners of prizes and awards, including Nobels, Pulitzers, and various literary awards
- More than 25,000 photographs, maps and illustrations
- Created with the collaboration of expert contributors, advisers, editors, and researchers to ensure readability, accuracy, and currency
- Extensive index and research tutorials
"World Book has been a gateway for my personal knowledge, learning and growth.”
– T. Brodhead, Customer
“World Book continues to be a first choice for libraries, schools, and homes…”
–School Library Journal
Throughout the nearly 100 years of publication of The World Book Encyclopedia many things have changed, but World Book’s dedication to providing timely, reliable, and readable educational and reference materials has not wavered.
Today, World Book remains dedicated to fostering a deep desire to learn in students of all ages. In print and online, World Book content is especially crafted with young readers in mind to help ensure that their commitment to reading is rewarded with easily understandable text that engages and educates. Adults, too, returning or coming to a subject for the first time, will appreciate World Book’s concise and precise writing.
Our accessible text comes from hard writing and uncompromising editorial standards. Each and every print and online product that World Book publishes is the result of a thorough and rigorous editorial process, including the meticulous ongoing revision process of the print and online versions of the encyclopedia. It is this adherence to currency and accuracy that continues to secure our place as an information cornerstone in classrooms, school libraries, public libraries, academic libraries, and homes.