- Bright, colorful pages and sequence cues draw in visual learners
- Directly addresses the reader to allow for interactive reading
- Provides easy-to-understand explanations of complex concept
- Accessible comics format can aid striving readers and ELL students
- Helps build a conceptual understanding of science fundamentals
- Perfect for students across a spectrum of reading comprehension and science mastery levels
- Helpful glossary and index in each volume, and includes a list of additional print and website resources in each volume
“The combination of comics-style panels and pithy explanations of scientific concepts makes the Building Blocks of Science series a fun, efficient, and approachable classroom supplement. …. You can’t go wrong with this series for either struggling scientists or kids just starting to wrap their minds around the basics.”
"The books offer an excellent introduction to matter (two volumes), magnetism, light, electricity, energy, gravity, heat, sound, and force/motion....This series is highly recommended for students aged five through ten who appreciate books in the graphic form. Especially useful for homeschoolers, classrooms, and elementary school and public libraries."
Catholic Library World
"….The few small photographs are clear and crisp images. Each cartoon character presents their concept in a basic and easy-to-understand manner. The information is direct and moves smoothly from questions to facts or statements. The graphic novel format in this series is geared toward younger students who are comic book fans. Each volume presents a good informational resource to basic science concepts….RECOMMENDED."
Library Media Connection